Supplementary statement regarding the news article by the Investor and other news mediaJune 27, 2019
- Parties to the legal matter: Michael Chang (Chairman); Youe-Kong Shue (Former Vice Chairman); Amy Hung (General Manager); Tony Yu (Chief Science Officer); Jon-Jin Liao (Former Medical Business Director)
- Name of the court or disposing agency: Taiwn Shilin District Court
- Reference/case numbers of relevant documents: NA
- Date of occurrence of the event: Jul 11, 2019
- Background and circumstances of the matter (including the property/subject matter under dispute): Prosecutor appeals against Mr. Michael Chang and five other executives’ acquittal for insider trading case on Jun 21, 2019.
- Course and progression of handling of the matter: None
- Effect on company finances and business and estimated monetary amount of the effect: Company is under regular operation and the event does not have any significant impact on company’s financial status.
- Countermeasures and status of amelioration: Parties will entrust lawyer to deal with the situation.
- Any other matters that need to be specified: New drug development is a long process associated with high cost. It is not a guaranteed success, which may increase the risk of investment. Investors shall make prudent judgments and investments.