1.Date of occurrence of the event:2016/05/29
2.Company name: OBI Pharma, Inc.
3.Relationship to the Company (please enter ”head office” or ”affiliatecompany”): The Company head office
4.Reciprocal shareholding ratios: N/A
5.Name of mass media: Commercial Times (A6) dated May 29, 2016 and Liberty Times Net.
(1) 105/05/29 Business Times reported on the A6 page that OBIPharma would present the highest level of oral report to publish the OBI-822 double-blind clinical trial resultsat the ASCO. … Besides, Wong Chi-huey, the former Academia Sinica president, is expected to attend the ASCO annual meeting guaranteed by the legislator Tsai Yi Yu, and will preside over an off-site satellite meeting on the consolation conference of the global experts. This meeting will invite the global cancer experts to discuss the role and mechanism of the carbohydrate and the products of active immunotherapy of OBI Pharma. After the paper report presented at ASCO, at 9:00am of June 5 by Taiwan time, OBI Pharma will hold the press conference to announce the data results of OBI-822 and the clinical future direction of the Phase III, and is expected to convene a legal presentation to expose all the messages…..In addition to benefiting the clinical future design of Phase III, this clinical data is expected to introduce the authorized strategy partner.
(2) Electronic 105/05/27 Liberty Times reported that in accordance with the interests of the international standards, ASCO required the author publishing the paper must ‘declare to disclose their conflicts of interest,’ …., In the forms required the authors to fill in, ASCO asked the authors to declare themselves and their relatives whether they hold biomedical or pharmaceutical company’s stock; And under the facts of Wong Chi-huey and his daughter all holding the stocks, he filled out “no” in the form. And the form also required the author to describe if themselves or their relatives possessing the medical technology patents or have been paid through technology transfer authorization, Wong Chi-huey also fill in “no”, while the truth is that he owns a number of bio-medicine technology patent, including the authorization of transferring OBI Pharma the patented technology of Synthesis of carbohydrate molecules of this OBI-822 drug used in this paper study, and according to the provisions of the Academia Sinica, Weng can get 40% of the technology transfer licensing fees.
7.Cause of occurrence: First, about the reports on 105/05/29 A6 page of Business Times, the company ‘s statements are listed as follows:
(1) The Company has released a major message on 105/03/31 to show that the clinical trial results of phase II/III of the new drug of OBI-822 will be issued in June at the annual meeting of the Society through the Oral Abstract Sessions. In this meeting, there are four forms for the publication of the study abstract; according to the order of the importance, it is Oral Abstract Sessions, Clinical Science Symposia, Poster Discussion Sessions and Poster Sessions. The highest level of oral paper presentations is the term used by medias and the company presents no comments.
(2)The former president of Academia Sinica Wong Chi-huey was invited to attend the company’s meeting to host the Global satellite expert consultation conferencein Chicago on third of June , Chicago time, outside the ASCO; And by now, the company was informed that the former president Wong would attend to this meeting according to the original plan.
(3) The Company would hold the investor presentation at the Taipei Exchange at 10:30am of 105/06/05, and then at 14:00pm, would hold the Investor Conference at Masterlink Securities (F 11, No. 97, Section 2, Dunhua South Road, Taipei).
(4) The report of Commercial Times was quoted[…In addition to benefiting the clinical future design of Phase III, this clinical data is expected to introduce the authorized strategy partner…” The introduction of the authorized strategy partners is the media’s own speculation, and currently the company has no conclusion.
Second, About the reports on the Liberty Times on 105/05/27 , the statements of the company are listed as follows:
(1) The quoted ‘The former president of Academia Sinica Wong Chi-huey had resigned, and will be invited to attend the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) seminars and present the OBI-822, breast cancer vaccine of the OBI Pharma in public; and according to international interest standards, the ASCO requires the presenter must declare their related interests, but Wong Chi-huey declared to the ASCO saying that they had no conflict of interest relationship.’The conflict of interest that declared by Weng is his own declaration in accordance with the provisions of ASCO. The Related license agreement between the Company and the Academia Sinica and the possible future expenditures are disclosed in page 106 and page 111 of the determined version of the public report of the increasing price in March of 104 year. As for the media’s reportof’ according to the provisions of the Academia Sinica, Weng can get 40% of the technology transfer licensing fees’, the company provides no comments without knowing the provisions of the Academia Sinica.
9.Any other matters that need to be specified: Company operations and financial position all normal.
The company states the media’s reports on the related matters of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
1.Date of occurrence of the event:2016/05/29