Amendment on the announcement for 2018 Annual General MeetingMay 11, 2018
The board of directors of the company resolved to request the shareholders to authorize the board of directors to handle cash-increase of common shares to issue overseas depository receiptsMay 11, 2018
- Date of the board of directors resolution: May 11, 2018
- Types of the private placement: common shares
- Buyers of the private placement and their relationships with the company: persons stipulated in Article 43-6 of the Securities Exchange
- Number of shares or bonds privately placed: No more than 15,000,000 shares
- Total monetary amount of the private placement: To be determined
- The pricing basis of private placement price and its reasonableness:
(1) The issue price will not be less than 80% of the higher reference price
A. The simple average closing price of the Company’s common shares for 1, 3 or 5 trading days prior to the pricing date, after adjustment for shares issued as stock dividends, shares cancelled in connection with capital reduction and the cash dividends, as the reference subscription price of the Private Placement Shares.
B. The simple average closing price of the Company’s common shares for 30 trading days prior to the pricing date, after adjustment for shares issued as stock dividends, shares cancelled in connection with capital reduction and the cash dividends, as the reference subscription price of the Private Placement Shares.
(2) The actual private placement price is proposed to be submitted to the shareholders’ meeting to authorize the board of directors to make legal provisions and to set the price basis and number of shares not lower than the resolutions of the shareholders meeting, based on the prevailing market and company status.
- Use of the funds raised in the private placement: enrich working capital and support new drug research and development
- Reasons for conducting non-public offerings: Due to the growth of operations, the enhancement of working capital, the need for long-term development of capital, or the introduction of strategic investment partners, and considering the relative ease and timeliness of private placement and private equity securities are not subject to free trade within three years. The regulations will ensure long-term partnership with investment partners. It will also effectively increase the mobility and flexibility of fundraising by authorizing the board of directors to conduct private placements based on the company’s operational needs
- Objections or qualified opinions from independent Board of Directors: None
- Date of pricing: Not applicable
- Recommended price: Not applicable
- Shares price, conversion or subscription price: Not applicable
- Rights and obligations of the new private placement shares: Other than the related regulations stipulated in Article 43-6 of the Securities Exchange Act, the rights and obligations of this private placement is the same as common shares.
- The record date for share conversion, if conversion, exchange, or subscription rights are attached: Not applicable
- Possible dilution of equity, if conversion, exchange, or subscription rights are attached: Not applicable
- Possible influence of change in shareholding, if conversion or subscription rights are fully attached: Not applicable
- Countermeasures of the aforesaid estimate change in shareholding: Not applicable
- Any other matters that need to be specified: the case will be raised in the 2018 Annual General Meeting