Press release by the Shihlin District Prosecutors Office, TaiwanJanuary 9, 2017
Clarification on the news article by United Daily News E-PaperJanuary 11, 2017
- Date of occurrence of the event: January 10, 2017
- Company name: OBI Pharma, Inc.
- Relationship to the Company (please enter ”head office” or ”affiliated company”): N/A
- Reciprocal shareholding ratios: N/A
- Name of mass media: Page A2 of the Economic Daily News
- Content reported: Page A2 of the Economic Daily News stated that “[…] OBI’s US clinical trial for OBI-822 is finally on the move. OBI is expected to head to the US to discuss the details of the clinical trial study design with US during the second half of January, which will mark another milestone.”
- Cause of occurrence: Clarification on the news article by Economic Daily News
- Countermeasures: OBI has been actively planning the Phase III clinical trial design for OBI-822. An End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the FDA has been proposed; the meeting will be held based on the availability of the FDA. Any official response from the FDA will be made available to the public according to relevant laws and regulations.
- Any other matters that need to be specified: The results of a single clinical trial do not sufficiently reflect the outcome of a new drug entering into the market. Investors should make carful judgment and prudent investment. New drug development is a long journey associated with high cost. It is not a guaranteed success, which may increase the risk of investment. Investors shall make prudent judgments and investments.